Sunday, November 6, 2011

Phone Industry

I tried to avoid posts like these but I guess sometimes they are inevitable... in class we have been discussing the phone industry and data packages-- I would just like to take a moment to talk about my BEEF so to speak with these processes. We took a look at the chart comparing the big 3 companies and their data packs   , I happen to have Verizon. I have been with them for 5 years now yes 5 years because I am old a independent and such. At any rate I have always had a small addiction with cell phones -- some people have a vice for shoes or video games, mine is cell phones I get a new one every 6 months or so and needless to say Verizon has seen A BOAT LOAD of my money. I had a data pack before they were even necessary. I had family share plan and at one point (way back when) you could pay a flat price for every one on your plan to have unlimited data usage -- when I say way back when I mean before smart phones where the norm. Fast forward to now I still have a family share plan with 3 lines all of them are smart phones all of them require a data pack a few months a go I called Verizon because my bill is outrageous I'm talking 330 a month !!! That's like 100 dollars per line!! So I was talking with the rep and I told her about "way back when" and her response "Yeah we got rid of that right around when we introduced all of our Android phones" -- Imagine that!! Luckily though I was grandfathered into the unlimited data for a flat price.  However--- I recently upgrade my phone for you know like the 2nd time this year to a 4G Droid Bionic -- It almost seems as if my service is lacking!?!?! What is going on in the world!!! They force these things upon you, make you buy the additional packages, and just want more and more and more money?!? Do they realize that even though their prices have shot through the roof the average salaries have not??? ughh till next time...

No comments:

Post a Comment